MAD COURSES EDUCATION
Mad Courses education
Jump on our flagship program - the CHANGEMAKER LAUNCHPAD.
Designed both for use in the classroom or for asynchronous study, this course
provides simple, effective and accessible ways for schools to integrate sustainability
into their curriculum and inspire students to take informed action beyond the classroom.
How to use our courses:
There are two main types of learning:
- Students… discover tools for systemic change - from investigation to design thinking. Apply these tools through engaging with real-life, interactive case studies Educators may use each module as a resource to deliver their own course
- Tied to curriculum standards
- Flexible delivery timeframes
- Prepares students for informed action in their local communities.
- 100% Self-guided
- Students “pitch” their project to genuine third-party audience.
Guided courses and lesson plans
Our lessons leverage the engagement and local context of the interactive adventures in our partner communities for maximum learning and FUN. There are two main types of guided courses:
Student Self-paced Lessons
- Self contained
- Can be done in a flipped classroom setting, or during class time
- No requirement for teacher to deliver the material
- Linked with curricular standards (such as IB, GCSE, NGSS, Common Core)
- Come with lesson plans that allow teachers to integrate material quickly
- Available in different subject areas such as Geography, ESL/EAL, Mathematics, etc.
Read more about all of our interactive adventures, and the courses we've designed for them:
The Changemaker's Launchpad
A self-guided and scaffolded learning experience that helps students to investigate and take informed action using their creativity. Our goal is to empower students to seek support from organizations to develop and implement their projects. By the end of the journey, students will have the skills and knowledge necessary to put their ideas into action.
watch the trailer:
Embark on an exciting venture to immerse and empathise. Here you meet some of the founders of Make A Difference Travel and follow their journey as changemakers, and then travel to Zambales via the interactive adventure to see it “first hand”!
Prepare to make change in your own community, and dig deeper into the context and elements of the social or environmental issue you want to tackle.
systems thinking & design
Learn tools for deeper understanding and solution finding; including the Sustainability Compass, Systems Mapping and the Iceberg Model. Practice with the Zambales case study and then apply to your own topic.
prototype & propose
Here’s the LAUNCH of the launchpad: Submit project proposals to a genuine 3rd party audience such as HundrED.org Youth Ambassador, Global Co:Lab SDG Hubs and Teen Dream Challenge, Yunus 3 Zero Clubs or the Siva Kumari Student Innovator Grant.
Get in Touch
Book a demo
Interested in our courses? Please fill out this form. Mention that you'd like to book a demo and we would be happy to help. Required fields are bolded.