8 Benefits of Using Interactive Videos in Teaching
A new teaching approach
September 7, 2023
What if the transformational potential of a field trip could be made more accessible to everyone, and throughout the school year? At MAD Courses, we believe in the transformative power of interactive videos for education. Why? Because they enable us to recreate the same learning experience students might have when visiting a far flung community, but without the same hassle, expense or carbon footprint! As a result, interactive videos have emerged as a potent resource for classrooms, revolutionising the learning experience. How?
- Increased Engagement: Interactive videos combine visual, auditory, and interactive elements, catering to diverse learning styles. This multimedia approach captures students' attention, encouraging active participation and enhancing retention.
- Enhanced Comprehension: Complex concepts become more manageable through interactive videos' bite-sized, visually appealing segments. Students can pause, rewind, and replay content at their own pace, fostering a deeper understanding.
- Personalised Learning: Choose where to go, who to speak to and what questions to ask! Customised learning paths with quizzes and exercises empower students to take charge of their learning, addressing individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Real-world Context: Our interactive adventures take students beyond the classroom, bringing to life global issues (the SDGs) through a local lens. In so doing, they showcase real-world applications of academic concepts, building connections, and fostering empathy.
- Feedback and Assessment: Embedded quizzes and exercises provide instant feedback, helping you as a teacher to identify gaps and adapting your strategies.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: Anyone can ‘travel’ with us! With closed captions and assistive features, interactive videos ensure accessibility for all students, promoting inclusivity.
- Collaborative Learning Opportunities: Interactive videos facilitate group discussions, debate scenarios, and peer assessments, fostering teamwork and communication skills.
- And lastly, MAD Courses would like to highlight this key feature: the adventures are FUN!!
We hope you visit madcourses.com to find out more about how you can take your students around the world, build connections and empathy, and foster a real sense of global citizenship now!
Get in Touch
Book a demo
Interested in our courses? Please fill out this form. Mention that you'd like to book a demo and we would be happy to help. Required fields are bolded.